Monday, September 20, 2010

Jumping (back) on the raw food bandwagon.

Recently I've been thinking a lot about going raw, full on 100% raw. In the past I have dabbled quite a bit in raw cuisine and the diet itself has fascinated me for many years, but the trouble is I tend to be an all or nothing kind of girl. This kind of attitude has wreaked havoc on every goal I have ever set for myself. So after a week of failing to take my vitamins and pigging out on chocolate rice cream, I came to the realization that I felt like crap. It was my own little "aha!" moment.

So this morning i made myself a smoothie for breakfast and accompanied it with the most amazing organic peach I've ever tasted, and swallowed all my vitamins like a good little girl. Needless to say i feel like a million bucks! Why is it that when you know for a FACT that raw food makes you feel so good, you crave all the foods that make you feel like garbage? It drives me insane!                                                                                                     

                                      Berry banana smoothie sprinkled with hemp and chia seeds!



Now I am pumped to start trying all kinds of recipes! I've nearly perfected my raw flax crackers already, not to mention that my boyfriend loves them. Also one of my favorite recipes is still cheezy hemp nacho sauce from Kristen's Raw. If you haven't tried this yet I highly recommend it. If you know of any good one's that are good for a vegan on a budget I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment